Sunday, December 6, 2015

It's Time To Get A New Computer

OK, nowadays not only is my computer working really, really slow, but it's now not loading pages right.  After I wait a long time for the page to load, I scroll down and I see these weird blocks of type and images that shouldn't be there.  They belong somewhere.  Well, to put it another way, these "blocks" are things I see, correctly, somewhere else on the page, but they're repeated somewhere down the screen in a place where they shouldn't be.  I have absolutely no idea why these pages load as these mishmashes, but they pretty much happen at every page.

When I sent in my computer for similar slowdown problems a few years ago, I was told that it was the processor.  I think the processor, now completely shot, is the reason I get these Frankenstein pages.  It would explain why it now takes an eternity for pages to load and for the cursor to respond to what I want it to do after I click the mouse button.  But that means, of course, I have to shell out money -- money I actually was looking forward to not spending this holiday season.  The best ones out there seem to cost as much as my repair bills for the old car in recent years.  So, if I decide to buy a laptop this year, well, I would just be spending as much cash as I've been spending the past several seasons.  And that's not a change.

So maybe I'll just stick with old computer.  Or, maybe I'll get so fed up waiting for it to load, only to see words and images repeated in odd places on the page for the umpteenth time, that I throw it out the window.

No comments:

Post a Comment