Monday, December 7, 2015

I Have To Stop Eating So Late

I have read recently that you should not eat less than two hours before going to bed (and three hours if you're drinking caffeine).  Recently I have utterly broken that rule (as well as the rule about the caffeine; I usually drink coffee late at night), eating fast food at an hour that would be dinner only in Southern Europe.  Last night it was Wendy's; last Sunday night it was White Castle.  I've been to other places other days of the week, but it was always well into the night, and just before sleeping.

And after eating so late, I feel so awful the next morning.  Kind of like a food hangover.  When the alarm woke me up I felt like there was this giant iron weight in my stomach.  I went to bed less than a couple hours before turning off the lights, but I think that I ate so much that it didn't matter how many hours I ate before I went to bed; I felt fat because I got fat.

I continue to do this to myself.  I thought that since my parents aren't home stuffing me with food every night for dinner, I would finally get my weight under control since I'm left to my own devices, which usually means that I'm not able to take care of myself, which would include eating.  Instead, I am taking time out of my evening to eat out.  For example, the minivan was running low on gasoline, and I had a special coupon where I could get 15 cents off per gallon, but only on Sundays, and it expires later this week, so this was the last Sunday I could use that particular coupon.  But of course I could not just take my car back out at night to gas up, so I made a night of it -- if driving down a couple blocks to buy this new Gouda Cheeseburger at Wendy's constitutes a night.

Anyway, I'm buying food a lot, and eating it at odd and unwise hours, so I wake up not needing to eat.  Gotta stop this.

No comments:

Post a Comment