Sunday, December 6, 2015

I'll Get Out Of Your Way, Japanese Beetle

With my parents gone, I feel the need to alternate using their downstairs master bathroom with mine upstairs.  I do everything in both places ... wait, I take that back; I don't remember the last time I used their sink.  Whenever I brush my teeth or wash my hands (which, I admit, isn't that often), I for some reason stay upstairs for that.  But when it comes to showering or relieving myself, I do my best to use one, then the other.  I have this feeling that I need to circulate the water that's sitting in the toilet bowls and, maybe (?) lining the shower lines, and they both need regular transferring.

It was the master bathroom's turn this time/day.  I showered last night (for the first time in a week, but don't tell anyone), and just now I was going to use the downstairs toilet to take a dump.  But as I looked down, there was one of those goddamn Japanese beetles in the bowl, just above the water line.  These insects have been around since the fall and now winter have had these moderate temperatures.  Now that it's evening and it's a tad cooler than they want, they have found a way inside to take advantage of the warmer temperature indoors.

I hate these fucking things.  Some days ago I was putting on my pajama top and ah! I saw a beetle.  And now I was about to shit on one as it's just hanging out by what it thought was an oasis, taking a drink or something.  You know, I should've just sat down and started defecating.  It should have the good sense to sense what's coming from the heavens above (not to mention the smell) and fly out of there.  And if the splash carries it into the water, or if I crush the Japanese beetle by one of my pieces of feces, well, good -- better to get rid of these damn things.

But my pacifist nature won out, and I walked upstairs.  And I can't believe it.  My God, I was forced to take a shit in a different place because of a goddamn Japanese beetle.

Oh, one other thing I noticed: It's time to clean the toilet bowl downstairs again.  If that beetle's still there when I scrub it, well, screw it, it dies.

No comments:

Post a Comment