Saturday, December 10, 2016

I Did It For Me

So I did it!  Last night, starting at the library from 3:08, I drove all the way down from Kansas City to Fayetteville, AR to see this babe I'm Facebook friends with.  Google Maps said it'd take 3 1/2 hours, but with traffic, construction (especially once I got into Arkansas -- seriously, it's as bad as it is Minnesota!), and, of course, getting lost, it took more than four.

But I took a left turn and there it was -- a shack.  A literal, standalone alone shack, close to where a sidewalk would be, on the parking lot of a warehouse with a sand parking lot, with a sign that was not lit up, either because they were closing down at 7 or because it's a shack and they can't afford things that light up.

After waiting behind a truck for a good five minutes or so -- I'm surprised people were driving up for coffee in the eveni ... wait, these are scantily-clad women serving coffee, of course they'd come -- I drive up to her window.  And yes, that is her, and she is hot, and ... well, there was another car behind me, so I got a mocha and I parked to the side because I wanted to get a selfie with her.  I usually don't do that, but I figured if I'm going to drive up to four hours to see a woman, I'm going to take a picture.

The pic?  Uh, I need to work on it.  Lighting could have been better.  Probably didn't need to do the duck lips, either.  My small talk was poor too.  I didn't want to bother her, but yet I did feel ... oh, entitled to chat with her too.  So I think I asked her how she was doing twice, then stammered through asking, "How's your modeling career," to which she told me she was planning on shutting down her Facebook page soon.  I got there about a quarter to 7, there was another car that drove up when I snapped a photo with her and I knew I didn't have much else to say, so after that and a couple minutes to stretch my back, I left.

Was it all that I wanted?  No.  I wanted to make out with her, but of course, that wasn't going to happen.  But I didn't know what the hell was going to happen.  However, I knew that there was a possibility that she'd blow me off, even though she always posts on her Facebook, "Come visit me!" with photos of herself in lingerie.

So why did I do it?  Well, there were other things around KC I could have done, but ... well, this is the closest I will ever be to her workplace.  She's in northwest Arkansas, I'm in western Missouri, they're bordering states ... why not?

So this isn't really about her, although she was pleasant enough.  It was about me.  I wanted to do it.  I wanted to see if I could do it.  And I did do it.


No comments:

Post a Comment