Monday, December 5, 2016

The Continuing Ruination Of My Car

Been too busy looking to watch the news, but when I was eating at My Favorite Late-Night Italian Place (Which Apparently Is About To Close) I saw that it was actually snowing outside.  I didn't think that was in the forecast from, oh, Wednesday.

When I got out, there was snow.  Not tons of it, but it was snowing enough that I had to use both of my scrapers, neither of which has a brush, before going home.  And just as much seemingly piled up overnight, so when I went to Caffetto yesterday morning, I had to scrape the snow off my car again.

(I have a combination scraper with a brush.  I used it all the time with the old car, but now I don't know where it is.  It may be in the old car, but since I knew at the time I wasn't going to use the old car, I thought I had taken it out.  But to where?  Boy, I could use it now.)

But I had to get in the car to get my scrapers first.  And try as I might to scrape the snow around the door before I open it, the bellows effect when you open it sucks some of the snow around the door inside.  And I may have done a shitty job of clearing the door before opening it, because there was a lot of snow that fell onto the passenger seat and the floor.  The snow even got on the side and underneath the floor mat.  And all I could think of while I was driving to Caffetto was how all that snow was going to melt into the seat and the floor mat, making the material there less ... fresh, less new.  Moldier.  Ruined.

And I keep going back to thinking I could have bought a used car instead of this new one.  There was a ten-year-old Acura that I could have spent four grand (well, over several months) that I wouldn't've minded driving through the snow.  Now, I wouldn't know if these cars would, you know, work.  And they don't have all the bells and whistles my new car has.  But like I said before, the problem with new cars is new cars get old.  And I get wistful with each sign that I see as we drive this journey together.  This damn snow getting into my car is just the latest.

No comments:

Post a Comment