Sunday, December 4, 2016

Two NFL Sundays To Myself

This is unusual: The NFL schedule has the Vikings playing back-to-back Thursdays, last and this.  I don't think that has ever happened before.  And so I looked at these back-to-back Sundays, where I would be able to watch football without agonizing about my team (let alone working their games; since last week was an away game and this week they played on NBC, I wasn't going to work them).  That presents the perfect type of game-watching environment: A bunch of games I can watch at my disposal, none of which I'm emotionally invested in.

And yet, I feel as though I've wasted these past two Sundays.  Last Sunday I went to Caffetto because I needed to work on the Internet, then I went to Old Chicago to eat and take in these games, then I went to the library because I needed to do real estate shit for my parents, then I worked out a bit.  Today, I went to Caffetto to work on the Internet, hit the renovated Walker, ate and, after this, I'm going to exercise real quick.

Neither day did I luxuriate in my dream scenario of just watching football games.  A lot of factors went into that.  Obviously, if my parents weren't home, I would just stay home.  These things I needed to on the Internet are not things I had time for during the week.  I go to the library for things that are not private but are things that I need done with the fast speed of a dedicated Internet line.  And all this eating necessitated all the working out.

So, no time to just sit and watch football, I'm afraid.  Which is a damn waste.  So I'm going to cut this library time short (I think I can let my parents' invoices slip until Tuesday) and watch the late NFL game being broadcast on free TV at the gym.

No comments:

Post a Comment