Saturday, December 3, 2016

Workin' On The Weekend

When my boss told me earlier this week overtime and weekend work may become an option because I was a tad bit bummed.  I had planned on watching soccer and maybe going to the Walker Art Center (where admission is free this weekend because they have just re-opened its entrance) today.  But I can't ever pass up an opportunity to make more money, especially if it's at time-and-a-half, especially since I'm going on vacation next week.  I can go to the Walker tomorrow, and I can see EPL some time in the New Year.

It just kind of sucks in the sense that when I took this job again, I didn't think we were going to have overtime.  We didn't have any last year, and because I felt as though we didn't have a whole lot of work overall then, there would be no need for OT this year.  That's why I arranged this vacation in late summer.  (Well, that and the fact that Southwest was running a fire sale on tickets.)  Well, turns out my boss had some big plans for his department, and the execution of those plans brought about the possibility that we could work not just this Saturday but the next two.  If I had known, I would not have booked this trip at all.  But, oh well.

Besides not getting in for an hour because my badge didn't work (I'm just going to put in time saying that I did get into work on time and I'm going to assume nobody's going to bitch about it), today is going smoothly.  As of press time we're all caught up with work.  In fact, work is, dare I say it, fun.  My boss brought in pizza, and I stole Jimmy John's from another department.  Can't beat free food when you're working overtime, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment