Wednesday, December 7, 2016

Without explaining it too much, IT has developed a tool that allows my boss to do the work that my co-worker and I did much faster.  Too fast, in fact.

I came in this morning expecting a bunch of things to do in the morning.  But when I started to do them (I'm hazy with details, sorry, but I think I should keep things vague because I don't want to bore you or myself) I realized that they've already been done.  Same with my co-worker.

My boss told me then that he just needed to push one button and he was done.  What my co-worker and I did -- and are paid to do -- over hours, he apparently did in minutes.  And he will continue to do, seeing that it is now easy.

So ... what do we do now?  And more importantly, why do I have this job?

No comments:

Post a Comment