Wednesday, September 13, 2017

I elected to borrow my sister's best friend's family's lawnmower (one of two they own) from two houses down to mow the lawn today instead of Saturday because 1) I think I'm going to visit Grandmother's best friend and 2) I think it's going to rain this weekend.  I'm glad I did, and I had more of a thrill of seeing both frontyard and backyard trimmed.  They have a nice mower.  Heck, any mower that works would be nice.

Customarily I check both sides to make sure the gates are locked.  And, it wasn't.  One of them was not.  The wood bar we use to lock one of the gates was laying next to it, which is what I usually do when I have the gate open.  Then again, I was in the backyard yesterday and I swear I checked out both gates to make sure they were locked -- and they were.

So I could have forgotten.  My other theory: The new neighbors next door.  Maybe they were playing and somebody threw something over their fence, which landed next to our house, so they leaped over their fence and unlocked the gate in order to get to it.  But why couldn't they just leap over their fence when they went back?  Hmmm.  As far as I can tell, nothing has been stolen, and nothing is not what it seems.

No comments:

Post a Comment