Friday, September 8, 2017

Addendum To: Waste Of Tomatoes, And Other Food

Man, I was bitching about too much food lying around the house while I was going off to eat outside because the NFL is back.  But guess what?

I didn't have a go-to fast food place I wanted to get food to go from.  Finally I decided on Wendy's, only because I saw an ad Wednesday night promoting their paradoxically-named Giant Jr. Bacon Cheeseburger.  It was part of a $5 deal, where you eat that, fries, get a Coke, and then have nuggets on top of that.  Seems like overkill, and just what I wanted to eat while watching the game.

But when I drove to Wendy's, I saw construction.  What I didn't see was a sign.  They're tearing it down!  (And by the way, they also tore down the newer Burger King close to my house.  What the hell gives?)  So now the only fast food place that's close by are Dairy Queen, which I never associated with anything other than ice cream, and Taco Bell.  They do have a $5 box deal, or something or other, and time actually was getting short, so I drove there to get one featuring the now-expired Potato-Rito.

So I get home and eat the three (relatively warm) items in the box.  And then I get hungry.  Damn you, Taco Bell, you did it again!  I had such cravings to eat something else that I immediately got the leftover pork chops, onion-and-mushroom side dressing, and rice and ate it all.  There wasn't a whole lot left, but the portions left consisted of full meals for me when I started going through those leftovers on Sunday and Tuesday.  It was that ... magic juju in Taco Bell that made me eat so much.

And uggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhh, I feel so weird right now!  I'm glad I don't have a full day at work, but I plan on going to the U2 concert tonight.  Ah, what to do?!

No comments:

Post a Comment