Monday, September 11, 2017

Addendum To: Haven't Showered In A Week, Woo-Hoo!!!

So I finally showered last (Sunday) night.  That made it, what, eight, nine days inbetween showers?  Had to: I planned on mowing the lawn, and I didn't want to get bit by mosquitoes, so I put on gloves and a long shirt, but then the sun came out and it was really hot, and then the lawnmower didn't work, so I thought it was a sign not to mow and instead just watch football all day.  But then a guy from the alumni club asked for the sweater he left at the bar (which I picked up), and after I dropped it off I decided it was a good idea to buy the sparkplug for the mower on the way back.  That meant that I was going to mow, but I didn't want to get overheated again, so I wore just a t-shirt, but that necessitated me putting on bug spray.  (The lawnmower didn't work, by the way; will have to get to the bottom of that.)  So I had to finally wash all that off of my body -- hence, the shower.

You know, when I was in college, one evening I was hanging out with this dude I was in the same class with.  He was strange.  At one point that night he told me he didn't shower daily because at some point the body adapts and starts to clean itself.  I swear that's what he said.  And I swear that the reason I don't shower more than once a week is not because I believe that weirdo.

Nevertheless it feels good to scratch my head and not 1) scrape up dandruff into my nails and 2) see the rest of the dandruff fall to the floor in a blizzard.  Next time won't be a week from now; my nails are really long, so I have to cut them soon, which means I am going to have to shower pretty soon so I can trim my softened nails right after.

No comments:

Post a Comment