Friday, September 29, 2017

Hey, One Thing About This Job ...

... that I am now finishing early next week (it can go as late as Tuesday because I picked up a new job that might not start until Wednesday) is that I can nap there.  The conditions aren't ideal; it's just a suburban lot.  Also, the lot is oriented in such a way that the sun sneaks around the windshield screen and hits the side of the passenger seat, so for sunny days (of which there haven't been many) I have to recline in the driver's seat, which makes things a little more uncomfortable because I have to put my feet around the pedals.

However, for most days during my lunch break I have been able to sleep soundly.  Maybe it's because it's turning to fall.  But usually in these conditions it is to difficult for me to fall asleep, yet it's typically fine most of the time, so I want to attribute some of that to this job.

Of course, I'm not taking a nap now.  I'm typing this at home.  I ate a lot at Hooters yesterday, and I felt the urge to shit, and the bathrooms aren't the greatest at work (you know, I should blog about that) and since it's so close to home, for lunch I drove home to use the bathroom.  Along with a restful sleep environment, being able to drive home and back in time for lunch, even just this once, is a perk of this assignment I will miss.

No comments:

Post a Comment