Monday, September 4, 2017

Dreading Tomorrow

I want to enjoy this day, this Labor Day, this Monday where I don't have to work.  But all I can think about -- all I really could think about since the weekend began, and even since Friday, when I didn't have to work -- is work tomorrow.  My training is done, and the person who trained me (the person, in fact, I'm replacing on an interim basis) is officially done.  There are a host of things I need to do, and frankly, half of the stuff, the stuff she told me about Thursday afternoon, completely went over my head.  It's a lot of Excel stuff, and I think people got the impression (if the person at the temp agency didn't hype me up) that I totally understood everything I needed to do.  I even told my trainer that that shit kind of made my eyes glaze over.

The person I answer to is a scary one.  He's quiet, except that he asks a lot of questions about whether or not I "get it."  I know that come 8 tomorrow morning, he'll come by and say the same thing.  And I'll think about the reports my trainer whipped through on our way out Thursday morning and I'll go, "Uh, sure!" and he'll totally see through me.  I'm so fucked.  And I'm only supposed to be there a month!

No comments:

Post a Comment