Friday, May 18, 2018

About Work

Hmmm ...

First of all, I was largely left to my own devices today.  Unbeknownst to me, my supervisor, the person I'm most closely working with right now, took the day off.  That meant that nearly every question I would have asked her I have now instead e-mailed to her.  I have assailed her with so many of my dumb queries that I think she just needed to take a break from me.  I really do feel bad that I'm now drowning her with questions that await her Monday morning.

I guess I should be glad I was just doing my own thing today.  But I don't think I made a whole lot of progress.  Having questions meant that I couldn't move forward.  I spent the last hour typing up the e-mail to my supe.  That's not productive to me.  And while I like the independence, many times today it felt like I was just cut off, if not neglected.  The other people were doing their own things, of course.  But especially with two weeks before I'm fired, I feel sort of cut off now.  Maybe there are worse ways to make a paycheck.  I just don't know if the radio silence around me is about me.

Oh, one other thing.  Someone mentioned in our daily meeting that there is a job on the floor I worked at last year available, but she was surprised that no one applied for it.  That's funny, because I know that I applied for that very job.  Is she wrong?  Did my application somehow not go through?  Or has my worst fears been realized ... and that the people running this search thought that, even though I've worked there the past three seasons, my resume is so awful they won't even consider me for an interview?  I really need to know the status of my app, but if they've already rejected me, maybe I don't want to even ask.  Christ, what a bind I am in.

No comments:

Post a Comment