Sunday, May 13, 2018

Usher Stole My Identity!

Talked about going to the U. softball game last week, but I didn't tell you guys about this.

For sporting events besides football, basketball and men's hockey, you can get in for free if you have a student ID.  I've blogged about the pitfalls of re-using my extremely old University of Minnesota student ID before.  Nevertheless I still use it because it saves me the cost of admission.

What I may not have told you guys (even though I'm pretty sure I did, I just can't find it) is that it has my social security number on it.  That means that whenever I flash that card, I'm showing an usher or ticket seller the prime identifier to everything that makes me an American.  I was reminded of that very risky risk when I handed my ID to the usher at the gate leading into Cowles Stadium.  He looked at the front, containing my SSN, flipped it to the back, which had my photo, then looked up at me ... while smirking.  He gave me my ID and said, "OK."

Oh, sure, he could be admiring how old my ID is.  Or he could be memorizing my social security number in order to steal my identity.  Shit, my identity may already be stolen for all I know.

Why do I keep doing this to myself?  I'll do it again today, as I plan on going to Siebert Field to catch the home regular season finale of the Golden Gopher baseball team.

If I'm a victim of identity theft, I know how my Suspect #1 is.  Remember his face and everything.  Hell, that usher might be there this afternoon, too!

And by the way, this is as good a time as any to go back to school, if only to get a new damn identification card.

No comments:

Post a Comment