Saturday, May 19, 2018

Fucking Driver's License Change

So my parents and I went to the bank this morning because they want my name on their security deposit box because ... they're gonna die soon, or something.  Don't tell them this, but that's when I remembered that my middle and last names are transposed on my driver's license.  Never bothered me, so I didn't feel as though I needed to tell anyone or, uh, do anything about it.  But when the bank rep (who, I have to admit, I was rude to) put in my name wrong, I then realized that this was a problem that needed to be fixed.  So did my parents, who didn't take a breath yelling at me all the fucking way home.

So now I'm at the library.  Well, I'm at the library now, but there's a license center attached to the library.  Spent a goddamn half-hour getting in line in order to get an application to change it.  I wonder, though, if it'll make any difference to them that the center got the name wrong and not me.  Is the difference responsibility in changing my license?  In other words, do I have to pay this?  I mean, this isn't my fuck-up, it's theirs.  Goddamn -- if I have to pay for someone else's mistake. ...

No comments:

Post a Comment