Thursday, May 17, 2018

DNS Server Isn't Working My Ass

First time Comcat Internet has really gone down.  Worked till about midnight, and have tried resetting and flushing caches last night, this morning and after I came home from work, to no avail.  (That's why I'm blogging so late.)  Father thought it wasn't working because I hadn't paid my bill.  I scoffed at that idea ... then came here to the library to pay it, even though I did check my bill and it's not due until the 22nd.

I have no goddamn clue what it could be.  The only concurrent thing that has happened with this outage is the rise in heat and humidity, but I thought Internet cable was invulnerable to the heat.

So now I have no idea how to fix it.  And I have to -- fuck -- talk to Comcast about this.  One of my worst fears in life is to go into that rabbit hole called Comcast customer service.  I have heard horror stories from that circle jerk, and now I have wrestle with the beast.

No comments:

Post a Comment