Saturday, January 19, 2019

Closed Early Again???

Went to the Timberwolves game last night, and after their loss, I wanted to go down to Glam Doll to work and eat donuts.  I did go down there ... only to see its doors closed.  It was just before 11.

And it was the third time I've gone down there to see it closed before its usual 1 a.m. weekend closing time.  And last week, when I went down there, it was open but had, at most, two dozen donuts to sell.  Once they sell out of donuts, they start ushering out customers to close early.

What's going on here?  Glam Doll has closed early before, just not this frequently.  Thus, I assumed that it's because business is good.  But is it, really?  I wonder if it's not because of demand but lack of it -- as in, they were making too many donuts that they have gone unsold, and so they have cut back on the production of donuts so that they can ensure they sell out, and if they sacrifice operating hours, so be it.

That theory could lead to a bad place -- as in, they are cutting supply because demand is low, but demand has become so low that it simply doesn't make sense to be open that long at all.  In other words, business isn't going so well.  They opened up another shop, closer to my home, but now on weekends that place closes at 10 instead of 1.  Saves three hours of operating costs and labor.  But is that even enough to keep them in business?

Glam Doll has become my go-to late-night place to enjoy myself.  I fear it will be gone soon.  Then again, it's not as if I have been able to go there recently, anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment