Thursday, January 31, 2019

Shit, Frozen Pipe

Wanted to use the shower in the master bathroom downstairs just now, but once I opened it up and saw that it was just trickling out, I lost my shit.

I've been scouring the Internet for the past half-hour to figure out just what the hell to do.

After looking around, I'm doing the following:

  • Jacking the thermostat up to 70 for the time being.  Xcel wants everyone to take the thermostat down to 63 until 9 in the morning, but fuck that, I've got a frozen pipe.
  • I finally opened up my parents' bedroom because the space heater I got for them as a gift was in there.  I took it out, put it in the bathroom, propped open the shower door, and am leaving it there.  I don't think it's wise to leave a space heater unattended, but fuck that, I've got a frozen pipe.
And, well, that's it.  They say I should run the faucet to a trickle, but I think I might flood the bathroom if I do that.  So I'm shutting it off and hoping I remember to at least run the shower in the morning before I go to work.

Goddamn, of course this shit will happen to me while my parents are gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment