Friday, February 1, 2019

Addendum To: Shit, Frozen Pipe

Well, everything I said I was going to do -- pump up the thermostat, put a space heater at the door of the shower -- worked.  After an hour or so, I tried turning the shower up all the way, and not only was the pressure all the way back, the hot water was all the way back, too.

Thinking that all was well, I turned off the space heater and modified the thermostat so that some heat would kick in over the course of the game.  A couple people at work scared me for not opening up the shower to let a trickle stream all day, but I figured that if that pipe started to freeze, I'd be able to unfreeze it again.  But to be safe, I think I'll keep the thermostat up and open up the shower for tonight.

What I'm worried about is the return of the polar vortex next week.  I might be back to monitoring and losing sleep over the master bathroom again.

No comments:

Post a Comment