Tuesday, February 5, 2019

You Know, I Was Hoping I Could Relax For Chinese New Year

First of all, Happy Chinese New Year.

I took the day off from work because, hey, it's the New Year, and you should celebrate the first of the year by not working.  But instead of the ideal of, um, not shoveling, I shoveled because there was a snow storm.  (And by the way, the National Weather Service of the Twin Cities, through Twitter, stated that this storm was going to taper to the point that only one or two inches of snow was going to fall in the metro area.  I took out my yardstick and I measured about three, and this was while snow was still coming down.  Psh!)  I shoveled before going to the first movie I saw today, the animated Spider-Man movie, then I shoveled after coming back from the first movie I saw today.  So, I guess going to the movies was relaxing on my day off (and, BTW, I only ate fish [at Arby's] per Chinese New Year tradition), but still, I would rather have not needed to shovel, you know?

Moreover, more damn snow is coming tomorrow.  And that really blows because I have to go to the west metro for a taste test.  Isn't the weather such that, if a first snowstorm drops more snow than predicted, the air is so tapped of moisture that a second storm that immediately follows it will just bring flurries?  Maybe?  No?

No comments:

Post a Comment