Sunday, February 3, 2019

The Dealership Is Gonna Judge Me

I forgot to add in my previous post that the low tire pressure indicator light is also on and is not shutting off.  Once again, the winter is making the car think my tires are low, no matter how many times I put air in it.

It was my plan to put some air in it before I came home from my cousin's place, at which I was watching the Super Bowl.  (Oh, by the way, I thought the defensive struggle was fascinating.  Seriously!)  I even asked them if there was a gas station between their place and mine.  There was, and I went there -- and unfortunately their air machine wasn't working.

And I could have gone somewhere else, but the freezing rain and ice has settled in and not backed off till later, like I had hoped.  There is some serious sliding going on right now, so I don't feel like going to a place which has a free air pump, at least not tonight.

Oh, today I did go online and, somewhat miraculously, I found an appointment time to bring my car in tomorrow/Monday.  (By the way, what happens after you hit 0% oil life is that the car counts the miles under which you passed 0, i.e. "-1 mile," "-2 miles," etc.  And the number blinks, too.  Thanks.)  Maybe I'll go to the gas station before heading off to the dealership to get air in my tires, assuming that somehow the ice has melted away.  But what if I don't?  The low tire pressure indicator light has been on all winter, and not because there air in my tires is low.  Like I said, I have put the proper amount of air in it a couple times this season and that indicator is still on, so it's the car, not me.  And yet, if there is such little air in my tires, or if I don't at least check how much is in there, and the dealership sees that there is little air in my tires, are they going to believe me when I say it's been on all winter, or are they going to think that it came on because I haven't been responsible for checking the air in my tires?  If the latter, will they judge me?  Moreover, should I care?

All this because a gas station from my cousin's to home doesn't have an air pump and because it's freezing rain outside.  Man, my life. ...

No comments:

Post a Comment