Saturday, February 16, 2019

My Latest Obsession: Filling Up My Gas Tank Every Eight Days

One of the blessings about working relative close to home is the gasoline I save.  I would much rather have gotten a job with the health insurance company, but their headquarters is clear on the other side of town.  It may be triple the commute I need to take now.

Because of that, my tank of gas, which holds only up to about ten gallons, is spared constant refilling.  Well, that doesn't stop me from driving until the low gas light pops up, and then I drive miles beyond that until all the gas bars disappear.  But it takes me about a week to do that.  Well, less than that if I drive all around town, which, admittedly, I do a lot.

However, something has kicked in lately, maybe since the New Year.  I have been driving less.  I swear I have.  The snow and winter has discouraged me from driving all around town, and the snowstorms that have hit the past week or so has only enhanced my urge to stay home.  I get cabin fever, but the upside is that I don't use/waste much gas.

I have always tried to limit my driving so I fill my tank up weekly.  But so far in 2019 not only have I done that, but I have noticed that I had enough gas to extend it a day.  So, back in January, I paid attention to the fact that it took me not seven but eight days before I went to the gas station, and I felt proud about that.  And I have done that, I think, twice more, thus extending my fill-up day from Friday to Saturday to Sunday.

And now I am working on Monday -- I mean, I am working on extending my tank to Monday.  I have three bars left, which should mean I'm sitting pretty.  But I have the itch to go out -- namely to exercise tonight and tomorrow, and maybe both Target and Caffetto tomorrow.  That could zap my bars very quickly.  But now I am totally OCD'ing over making it to Monday.  Maybe I'll just sleep in tonight?

No comments:

Post a Comment