Wednesday, February 6, 2019

A Surfeit Of Coke

It's weird: Coming home from working out Monday night I thought about making a quick trip to the Target on the way home because I wanted to make sure I had some pop that would last me through the 1-2 punch of snowstorms that we'll be afflicted with this week (well, today and tomorrow).  I decided to try and get Wendy's instead of Target, but Wendy's was closed.

But on my home I caved and went to Taco Bell -- partly to eat, partly to buy a cup of pop that I could fill up and bring home.  I have one Coke bottle left, but it's just about gone, so I needed reinforcements.

But then yesterday/Tuesday I overloaded on Coke.  I went to the theater twice to see two movies, the animated Spider-Man film and Aquaman, and I got Coke (flavored) each time.  And, inbetween flicks I went to Arby's to eat fish because you're supposed to eat fish for Chinese New Year.  And since it was Happy Hour at Arby's, I got a small fry and a small Coke.  And I brought the cups home with me, all with free refills.

So I have the almost-empty bottle of Coke, the Coke I got from Taco Bell, not one but two Cokes from the movies, plus a Coke (actually it was a Barq's Root Beer ... I had to change it up) from Arby's.  And -- and I didn't really realize it until I counted all the Cokes in the fridge last night -- that is not counting the craft pop I got from the local craft pop store.

Therefore, ironically enough, I have six, count 'em, six bottles of pop in my fridge.  And I was scared I was going to run out.  I should be more scared that I'm gonna get diabetes, you know what I mean?

No comments:

Post a Comment