Saturday, February 2, 2019

My Disrupted But Refreshing Night

Holy shit.  I fell asleep around 6:30 yesterday evening and I woke up at around 1:30 this morning.

I knew I was tired, mostly because I was staying up because the stripper/housemaid came over Thursday at 7 p.m. to clean the house and didn't leave until a quarter to 3.  I knew as soon as she was delayed that this would be a long night.  She has never spent less than eight hours here, so even though we were both joking that neither one of us want her to be here past 2, well, she was, and then some.  She even volunteered to give me a lap dance once she got done.  (That offer was, uh, offered when I stripped myself naked of my clothes so she could do my laundry.)  But only if she had time, and like the few times before, she never has time because it takes her a workday to clean my house.

Not for nothing, I continue to hire her because of how well she does cleaning everything up.  Saying that, it looks as though she missed a few things that I asked her to do ... and it's even more egregious this time around since those things were rooms, namely both my and my parents' bedrooms.  I don't like it, but I wanted ***e* to come clean instead, and she went AWOL.  Besides, at her best, this woman is phenomenal.  My toilet was a mess, but now it's pristine.  And I could see my reflection in the kitchen sink.  I don't think Father can clean that well.

But the downside is that I had to stay up.  And even though I took catnaps of almost an hour before and during her cleaning, I went to bed after she left at around a quarter after 4, so I got only 75 minutes of "sleep" before heading off to work.  Now, I conked off during lunch for the first time in a long time -- helps that it was above zero at the time, but it couldn't have been much higher than that -- but I was still tired by the time I got home from work.  And then I realized that yesterday was the last day State Fair tickets were $11 (they became $12 and will be until the eve of the Fair), so I spent a couple hours on the Internet buying those tickets, then buying Twin Cities Auto Show tickets, and then, what the hell, I bought Sunday tickets to the Women's PGA Championship and the 3M Open, both of which will be held in the summer in the area.

And then it was 6:30 and I was tired, so I fell asleep.  And then I woke up, rejuvenated but disoriented.  My plans for finishing off the rest of my aunt's leftovers from Sunday and/or exercising were dashed.  Oh, well.

Now the problem is is that I have to wake up in, oh, an hour because of am filling in for someone at work, and his shift begins at 6.  So weird -- I was totally tired, so my body forced me to sleep in a whole evening, and it turns out I might be tired again for a second straight day at work.  Huh.

No comments:

Post a Comment