Sunday, February 17, 2019

Didn't Know There Was A State Park!

Dell apparently has a bundling agreement with Bing.  So, whenever I turn on my laptop, I am faced with a different wallpaper.  It's one of those Bing wallpapers, with a different picture popping up with a description and two ways you can learn more about something in that picture -- through Bing, of course.

I have never not liked the screengrab.  Most of them are landscape vista photos, of deserts and forests and mountains and beaches, etc.  The description comes with a solicitation of whether or not you like the photo.  I have never said "No, I hate it," because I love all of them.  Seriously, this is a great idea to both invite me to learn something and to freshen up my laptop with something new every day.

Today's grab takes me back, sort of.  It's a desert setting.  When I tap the description it says "El Paso."  Really, my old stomping grounds?  Well, El Paso is a desert, so I could see that.  But the other links point me to Franklin Mountains State Park.  In my six months interning down there, I had never heard of Franklin Mountains State Park.  But apparently, it is the largest urban state park within a city's limits.  I had free time while interning down there, and I got bored down there constantly.  Man, I could have used a day or two here.

At any rate, thanks for the link, Bing!

No comments:

Post a Comment