Friday, February 8, 2019

Frozen Garage Door? Well, That's A New One

Snowstorm hit during work yesterday/Thursday.  How bad?  Well, I was hoping I could charge up the driveway through the snow, but I was assuming that not too much fell.  When I saw the mound of snow, I thought, "Oh, shit," and when my car hit what seemed like a wall, I had to park over to the side.  My plan of either going to bed or cooking a steak was ruined; I had to plow.

After eating, surfing the 'Net and feeling sorry for myself for about 40 minutes, I finally had the will to get my car off the street.  But when I tried opening the garage door, I would hear it try to go up, stop, then go back down.  I fiddled with all the controls for a solid 40 minutes before I went to the Internet to learn that I should try disengaging the emergency release cord.  There, I was able to move the garage door up manually.  Except that I couldn't.  And upon further inspection, it looks as though it is frozen shut.  Damn, for all the winter nights where it was well below freezing, this is the first time I can remember the garage door being frozen like that.

Well, since the snowblower is in the garage, I had to shovel my way up the driveway.  And I half-assed it because half a foot of snow fell.  I cleared out enough to get my car on the driveway.  I went back after dinner to clear out the rest of the chunky, end-of-driveway, heart attack snow, but I just didn't have the energy to get through the rest, so, like, 60% of my driveway is still covered in snow.  I'll do more of it tomorrow.  And hopefully I'll get it done by Tuesday ... when we're supposed to get the next goddamn blizzard.

Fuck me.  Like I say, we don't need this white shit after Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment