Friday, February 15, 2019

Oh, "You Said?" Oh, Excuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuse Me!

So at work, a co-worker got a vegan meal.  She was raving about it -- "The best sandwich she's ever had," she said (or maybe not).  She also got cheese which wasn't cheese and cole slaw, to which I oh-so-innocently asked -- because, hey, cole slaw has no meat, right? -- "So, the cheese is vegan and the slaw is not?"

And this is how she corrected me: "I said it was vegan, so it's all vegan."

Oh, "You said?"  It's one thing that I did not understand that all the items at this place are vegan.  But my real offense, according to you, is not paying attention to what you said.  Oh, I'm sorry that I was so arrogant in not understanding everything you said the first time you said it.  I'll remember from now on to hang onto your every word, pardon me!

Hey, news flash: How about you say "It's all vegan.  It's a vegan place."  Then I would have gone, "Oh, yeah, that's right!  How stupid of me!"  But apparently I should have apologized to you (I didn't, BTW) because everything you say needs to reach the ears of the entire goddamn company immediately and without any misunderstanding.  My apologies!

(eyeroll) Maybe she's one of those stuck-up vegans.  Ffs.

No comments:

Post a Comment