Sunday, February 17, 2019

I Shouldn't Be Here

Yeah, I talked about it, and I still made it out here with one bar left, but I am writing this from Caffetto right now and sort-of regretting it.  I could be home sorting through my papers, or going through my parents' mail, but I'm not.  Instead I'm blog posting this and maybe buying things on Amazon.

One further regret involves eating.  I made a huge plate of spaghetti (by myself!  And it was decent!) and I don't think I needed to eat anything more than that.  But I went out ... but not just to Caffetto.  I had the urge to walk off the spaghetti and treat myself with ice cream from Milkjam, then "exercising" back to Caffetto (oh yeah -- I also thought about going to the gym, but I decided not to because there were no sports to watch while I'd be exercising), where I used my discount to get a large hot chocolate and a slice of carrot cake.  That's a lot of food for a stomach not necessarily asking for nourishment.  And yet I went out and ate and not one but two different places.

And on top of all that is the ten bucks I spent, the day my total bank accounts went below two grand after I paid off my credit card bill.  I used to freak out when my money ran that low, and yet even with a full-time job I am below that.

Is this self-destructive behavior?

No comments:

Post a Comment