Wednesday, January 23, 2019

The Eggs Are Done!

Forgot to note that on this time last week, Wednesday, January 16, I ate the last of the eggs that were in the fridge.  I had four eggs left, two of which I consumed the night before, the last two last week, both nights as part of an egg, cotto salami and swiss cheese sandwich with white bread.

It was sort of a struggle because there were two full cartons of eggs Father left me when they went away.  He likes them so damn much that he often fries up a couple eggs as a late-night snack.  That prompts him to buy those things in bulk, which is stupid because they have a shelf life, and it's even more stupid that he bought so many just before he left the country for half a year.  I like eggs, but damn, I don't like them that much, and yet I was burdened with consuming two cartons' worth that probably were already past their shelf life when my parents started their vacation.

Neverthless, I didn't throw them away.  Well, I threw away about seven of them because they looked a little funny.  But even though the others had been sitting in the fridge for months and may have had some spots on the shell and were floating in the pan of water I put the pan in the fridge (I filled up a pan with water and put some of the eggs in them to see if they were really bad -- yeah, it sort of makes sense to me, but it sort of doesn't), and even though I did throw one yoke away immediately after cracking it open, I ate all the others because I didn't want to waste them.  Hey, it's still food, and it's a lot of food.  And ... well, I had violent diarrhea twice, probably a sign of food poisoning, but I got through those, and the other times I didn't have diarrhea, so -- I'm good?

I think I'm oversharing.  Let's just say that I'm finally done with the eggs and leave it at that.

No comments:

Post a Comment