Monday, January 14, 2019

I Think I Make A Good DJ ... And I'd Make A Damn Good Stripclub DJ

So, what do you think of this four-song run?  Would you mind listening to it?  If you were a stripper, would you like to strip to it?

  • Queens Of The Stone Age, "The Lost Art Of Keeping A Secret"
  • T-Rex, "Jeepster"
  • A Tribe Called Quest, "Bonita Applebaum"
  • PJ Harvey, "This Is Love"
This is the playlist I entered into the jukebox when a stripper last (Sunday) night at My Favorite Stripclub (Non-Cover Edition) asked me to put some music when because she was in a rush to get ready in the back before her stage set.  Normally only strippers put in music in the jukebox; in fact, customers are not supposed to touch it.  But a dancer can ask a customer to do that, and the bouncer gave the OK.

Great!  Because that meant that I could finally put in music that I would like to hear -- and music that is much different from the songs I usually hear at that bar, which is both repetitive and bad.  I mean, I usually hear either Seether or Five Finger Death Punch, and I don't need to hear that warmed-over "nu" rock every single time I go in there.  So when I get the extremely rare chance to give a stripper her music (this is, like, the third or fourth time I've ever been asked), I'll take that chance and run with it.

The weirdest thing, by the way?  I think she barely knows me.  I have never gotten a dance from her.  I was going to get one from her Sunday, but she was busy with a regular, so on my way out, I smiled and waved goodbye.  I hope she liked my playlist.  Because I sure did!

No comments:

Post a Comment