Sunday, January 20, 2019

Why Won't People Take Me Seriously?!?!?!

Afater the time where I got bullied by my co-worker and got accused of something I didn't by that prick bartender at My Favorite Stripclub (Non-Cover Division), I went in to see my shrink because I needed to tell him about those incidents.  He summed it up nicely: I don't think I'm being taken seriously.

The more I think about it, the more I think he's right, and the closer I feel at getting to the heart of the question of my existence, or The Grand Unified Theory Of Me.  I think, when it comes right down to it, I don't think I'm being taken seriously by people.  Now, that can manifest itself in many different ways.  People don't take my feelings seriously.  People think my ideas are dumb.  People think I'm weird.  People can't see what I'm trying to do.  People don't understand me.  People don't think I can do it.  Things like that.  But that's what it basically means, at least to me.

I need time -- probably a lot of time -- to see if all my problems can be boiled down to that.  But it seems like a very good place to start, and a very good frame of mind in which to view problems that will happen to me from now on.

This feels like a blog post that should go more in-depth by what I mean by not being taken seriously.  But this is all I got.  I'm serious.  Really.

No comments:

Post a Comment