Sunday, January 6, 2019

Poor Bastard Of The Moment: Cody Parkey

I found myself rooting for the Philadelphia Eagles in tonight's Wild Card game versus the Chicago Bears because I inherently root for the underdog.  But then I remembered: Isn't this the same team that bounced my Vikings in last year's NFC Championship Game, whose fans then stiffed the Twin Cities on tips on their way to winning the Super Bowl in our home stadium back in February?  Well, at least the Vikings didn't lose, so I can't be dejected any more.

Who is dejected?  Chicago Bears Kicker Cody Parkey, who did this:



He not only missed four kicks in a win over the Detroit Lions, he hit the upright all four times. He hit again once last week in beat my Vikes here. And then this. And a double doink at that. Six missed kicks, seven doinks.

I'm glad the Bears lost -- either way I'm glad a team lost -- but I still have to feel for Cody Parkey, who was mercilessly booed off the field and has had Bird Box memes tweeted about him. So everybody, say it with me now:

Poor Bastard.

No comments:

Post a Comment