Monday, October 21, 2019

The Only Good Thing About That Shit-Ass Game Last Night

So Allianz Field was giving out these bracelets that light up in unison according to what the, uh, stadium production crew wants to do, which is sort of dependent on the play on the field and the chanting from the Wonderwall.  It should have blew up in smoke after the Loons fucking shit the bed at home against the Galaxy.  Instead, I noticed that after leaving that abortion of a game and walking towards my car in the residential area north of Allianz that the bracelets others are wearing (I put mine away as soon as the Galaxy scored the first Goal) that it was still lighting up blue.  How can the production crew still make the bracelets light up after we've leaf the stadium?

And I was freaking out/pissed off when I got home and the bracelet was still a solid blue.  I wanted to go to sleep and forget that loss!  How in the hell can I do that if this damn souvenir of a disappointment was lit up in blue?  So I went to Twitter to make sure that other people were having the, uh, same problem, and asked what the hell to do.  One person answered: Take out the battery, you moron.  There's a battery in the bracelet?  Oh, there's a battery in the bracelet.  Two of them, in fact, and after some trouble I was able to open the cover and take them out.

And these are the disc/hearing aid type of batteries.  Which got me to thinking.  A couple months ago I had to switch car fobs because the one I had wouldn't remote open because of ... the battery.  I went to Target to get some, but I couldn't find the exact type of battery for the fob.  I was so flummoxed that I really thought I would have to order them through Amazon, but I just switched out fobs and hoped that I would remember to get the right battery before that fob ran out of juice also.

I looked at the etching on the two batteries I popped out of the bracelet.  I had a good feeling.  I got the fob with the worn-out battery and jimmied it open.  And the battery in the fob was the exact same type of battery that the bracelet was powered with!  I got a new battery for my key fob!!  And I have a spare for the other key fob when its battery dies, too!!!  If I bought two batteries they would cost me, what, $20, maybe?

Anyway, without me doing any more work or spending any more cash, I got not one, but two batteries that I needed for my car key fob.  And I was able to disable the bracelet that is a painful reminder of what I witnessed last night in the process.  Maybe karma did me a solid this one time!

No comments:

Post a Comment