Saturday, October 12, 2019

The Aftereffects Of Pop And Coffee

I am up before going to work this morning.  Problem is, I have been up since 3:30.  When I woke up then, not only was I up, I was completely alert.  Strange since I went to bed around 2.

My God, is this what happens when you drink coffee around 11 p.m.?  That's what I did when I went down to Glam Doll to try and write some stuff.  I have boasted in the past that I can sleep like a baby even after drinking coffee at night.  Well, shit, that didn't happen tonight.  Far from it.

This reminds me of the night before.  After eating some nice taco dip at the party where *****y finally gave me a handjob after all these years, I was thirsty.  I needed to go to Target for some creamer at work, so I decided to get a pop.  Well, Target doesn't sell pop by the can anymore, so a bottle it was.  I love pop, still do, and yet I had to struggle to drink it all before going to bed that night.  And not only did I have my thirst quenched after, like, the third sip, I could feel the pounds being packed in my gut the more I crammed down the Orange Vanilla Coke.  And this was just before bedtime, too.  Shit, man, I felt so goddamn fat yesterday morning.

And now I feel alert as fuck now.  That would be good if I had a full night's sleep.  But this alertness probably is due only to having caffeine so close to my bedtime.  Which means this buzz is going to go away, and I am going to crash, horribly, at work.  And I will have no good time to recuperate; after I go home, I have to go back out to downtown because my alma mater's game is on tonight.  And then I have to work the Vikings tomorrow.  My day is already off to a lousy start because my fucking day started at 3:30 in the goddamn morning.

These two drinks have scared me into believing that my body just cannot deal with the aftereffects of pop and coffee like I could have before.  And that both scares and saddens me.

No comments:

Post a Comment