Wednesday, October 23, 2019

Want To Be Done With This Airline Miles Shit, And Anticipating My Fucking Mother To Blow

Yesterday I got blindsided when I checked my parents' e-mail.  There was a reply from Delta, which came months after I had to reply to it, which came months after it replied to me, etc.  I put in one final effort to get all my parents' frequent flier miles to count, and a combination of Mother not getting all the fucking ticket stubs, all the flying on partner airlines, and me just not giving a shit about carrying My Fucking Mother's water on yet another thing she's too goddamn lazy to track on her own, made this a drawn-out affair.

I stopped caring a long time ago.  I really did.  But then Delta said that they reviewed everything and they were going to count everything I handed in/declared on my parents' behalf ... except for one thing: One flight Mother took because, according to the Delta rep, I did not ask for miles for this segment in time, which would be nine months after the flight.

I'm OK with that because, like I said, I don't give a fuck anymore.  I think Mother will pitch a shit fit, and coming home from work yesterday I was ready to literally throw down.  Mother turns into a psycho cunt when 1) she doesn't get her way; 2) she doesn't understand why she can't get her way; and 3) she believes I'm not caring to the extent she thinks I should about the thing for which she isn't getting her way.  This was a perfect recipe for her to have another one of her damn meltdowns, and I was ready to take none of her bullshit.

Well, she didn't say anything yesterday, and I haven't heard anything today.  Meanwhile I should look up both my parents' Delta miles to see exactly what is and is not there.  Once I'm satisfied, I think I will just lay all the stubs My Fucking Mother gave me on the sill, a metaphorical way of wiping my hands on this goddamn affair.

If we get into a screaming match, of course I will vent/cry about it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment