Saturday, February 8, 2020

Where Going Through E-Mails Becomes A Chore In And Of Itself

I get busy just lying in my bed strolling through the Internet doing stuff and I don't tend to my e-mails.  I check on how many new ones populate my inbox, though, and it's always growing like Eurasian Watermilfoil.  It used to stress me out; not anymore.  I've let it go for a few days and it'd reach a hundred.  Recently I've left it alone for a workweek and it'd get up to 200.

But it is politics season and I'm (sort-of) woke, so most of the messages are now appeals from campaigns to donate money.  (Used to be that the majority of these e-mails were from job sites and The Guardian.  The latter its newsletters I've de-subscribed from ever since they've demanded I create an account; the former may have gone down since I also de-subscribed from them too, but the wave of political e-mails may distort that perception.)  And so I've left pruning my e-mail alone until, well, now, when I have time to putz around the house and do other chores beyond checking my mail.

Again, I've checked the number every day, and as of right now, I am up to 385 (whoops -- 386, just got a new one) unread e-mails in my inbox.  What I haven't completely realized is that I haven't gone through my inbox since January 29, just about 11 days.  Whoa.  That's a record.

Should get on that.  But it's a pain-in-the-ass, plus I have other shit I need to do.  And hey, at least it's not as big as my Hotmail, which is up to 40,000 e-mails and counting.

No comments:

Post a Comment