Saturday, February 22, 2020

Poor Decisions, Part 3

There are a lot of things I could do tonight.  I want to get more politically active, and as such there was a ticket meet-and-greet with liberal talk show host Thom Hartmann at the jazz club really, really close by that I have yet to go to but really want to.  The ticket's $200, but I think I need to start to put my money where my mouth is.

Meanwhile, this group I'm a part of is holding a game night at a brewery in St. Paul I have also not been to and also want to go to.  Finally, well, there's chores I could do at home with my parents "x" days away from coming back.

What I am going to do instead of all of those things?  The Girls' State High School Hockey Championship Games, in both classes, starting at 4.  Doesn't leave me a lot of time to take a nap, but I am determined to go.  What you choose to do shows what priorities you have, and I have to face that, instead of chores or this group or even discussing the end of our democracy, my first and true love is sports.  I come to that conclusion with some angst, especially the Hartmann dinner.  But in the end, I think I'll enjoy doing it.  Hopefully this is not a poor decision.

No comments:

Post a Comment