Sunday, February 9, 2020

What, No Coffeeshops Open On A Sunday Night?

I don't feel like watching the Oscars because ... well, no good reason, I just don't.  Although I do need to run out and get foot spray at Target, even though I went out there this afternoon.  Damn, I forgot.

What I want to do instead is go out and blog at a coffeeshop.  It would usually be Caffetto, but with the storm we got this morning (more than four inches where I live, but the sun was out and glowing shortly after it was over early in the afternoon), the city of Minneapolis declared a snow emergency.  I usually park on the street that will be plowed starting at 9 tonight.  So Caffetto's out.

I then checked to see other places that would be open tonight.  It doesn't have to be all night; I actually want to come back in time to see who wins Best Picture, so, oh, closing at 10 will be fine.  So I check Google Maps and ... there are no coffeehouses that are open until 10 tonight!  But I'l be honest with you; I was looking at coffeehouses that were open until 10 on Friday, and ... well, there was a couple, but not enough options, in my humble opinion.  No, people usually don't get coffee at night.  That's why the majority of them close at, ah, 8 or so.  Fewer still are open past 8 on Sundays, apparently, and then the one I really want to go to has street parking, and so my car will be towed tonight because of the snow emergency.

I'm weird about coffee.  I'm weird about doing shit by myself.  I know that.  But dammit, I need a place to be weird, too, where I can be a solo tool and do solo tool things, especially pat 8 on a Sunday night.  And they are in short supply, ffs.

My need to go out supersedes my need to fuck around on the Internet.  So I'm not going to a coffeehouse.  I'm going to a craft brewery and ... dammit!  There aren't a whole lot open past 8 on a Sunday either!  Well, there is one, and I'll go to it.  I think they have free parking, and if they don't, shoot, this whole exercise has been a failure.  Wish me luck. 

No comments:

Post a Comment