Sunday, February 23, 2020

NyQuil Is A Mother

Not that I needed it, I just want to use it all before the folks return (shudder), but last night I took another swig of NyQuil.  Probably have two more gulps to go.  It'll be something, because, of all the times I've taken it before, when I was ill or not, I woke up like I was hung over.  And I have never been hung over.

Took it around ... 1?  Midnight?  I then actually stayed up to start taping up my Entertainment Weeklys.  I felt good.  Active, even.  I then started to get drowsy, either because of the NyQuil or because my body was shutting down, and after looking through my health care directive, I went to bed around 2:30.

My alarm woke me up at 9.  And I was tired.  And, my head felt like I had a head cold.  I thought NyQuil was supposed to fix head colds ... and I didn't have a head cold when I drank it last night.  And until, oh, I got out of work around 2:30, there was a mass in the middle of my head and I was groggy all afternoon.

Was I sick?  Was it the NyQuil?  Was I just tired?  I feel good now, but I actually took a quick nap not too long ago, so ... I don't know what it was.  I know I'll have to drink some more to empty the bottle, and I'm kind of wary what it'll do to me the next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment