Saturday, February 29, 2020

I'm A Workin' Man

Just wanted to note that, because of filling in for other people and jobs not filled, I am in the middle of 13 straight days working at, uh, work.  In fact, today represents the exact middle of this "homestand."

Don't mind it at all.  Want to show that I can help out at work when I can, and I can.  Besides, my parents ran The Store by themselves for more than 30 years, and until they started taking vacations to Las Vegas in the past ten or so years, they were at The Store every day, seven days a week, no vacation.  Seen it before; doesn't bother me at all, especially when all I'm doing is a desk job.

Not for nothing: The evening of my last day at work, I pick up my parents from the airport.  So, in a sense, do I really get a vacation?

No comments:

Post a Comment