Thursday, February 27, 2020

Not Caring

I felt a sense of urgency up till Thursday.  That is our recycling day, and I was fervently going through all my papers and stuff, looking to see if there was anything I could send into the bin.  I am sort of proud of what I was able to go through -- much more than previous stints where my parents have been away -- but I have bags and bags left to go.

But today is Thursday, and the recycling bin has been picked up, and although there is so, so much more to do, I am nonplussed about doing it all.  Right now I'm just doing other things.  Funny, since I am working only half-days today and tomorrow/Friday and I was intent on going through more of my things and, really, getting my stuff back to storage and cleaning up the house.  But today, I planned on going to a concert in the evening, getting my shoes polished, and keeping up with our gamewatching venue in downtown Minneapolis.  I also squeezed in getting tabs for the old car, which took waiting 45 goddamn minutes at the DMV.  Oh, and I also had a fancy brunch at a fancy restaurant in St. Paul.  The only time I was at home today, till now, is to take a nap.

Tomorrow I'm not even going home after work.  I am instead going down south and fucking ****e one more time before my parents are in the vicinity.  Then thinking of either going to Hooters to get my calendar signed or to Glam Doll to work on stuff on the computer.  Maybe both.  But I won't be home, doing the things I frantically wanted to do for the past week or so.

Hmmm.  Maybe I should start caring.  I have bad memories where My Fucking Father is just screaming at me, accusing me of not caring about ... something, I don't know what.

This is going to a dark place I don't want this blog post to go.  I shall stop.

No comments:

Post a Comment