Thursday, February 20, 2020

They Took The News Well

Last night I broke the news to my parents -- well, Father -- about the plants that died and/or are dying.  Didn't tell them that I am watering less frequently; I told them I am following Father's instructions and pouring a pot-full into the plants every day, even though I now believe overwatering is what's killing them.

Their response?  Through Mother: "The plants don't like me."

They probably don't, in all honesty.  But then they said to just keep watering.  And that was it.

Phew!  Maybe telling them -- gulp -- a fortnight before they come home helped them keep calm.  Or maybe they're just sanguine now in general.  Whatever the reason, I just wished I had this easygoing-ness from my parents a lot more often when I was young.

No comments:

Post a Comment