Friday, February 21, 2020

Poor Decisions, Parts 1 & 2

Just went to McDonald's.  Used a coupon whereby I could get a free Coke and fries if I bought either a Quarter Pounder with Cheese or a Double Quarter Pounder with Cheese.

I thought to myself which sandwich to get.  I then decided to get the double because, and I know this was the mindset I had, I thought to myself, "Well, I might as well get the bigger, more expensive sandwich if it's free with this coupon."

No, dummy.  The fries and Coke are free.  The sandwich isn't.  You have to buy the sandwich in order to get the free fries and Coke.

I realized that just as I was started to eat the Double Quarter Pounder.  I usually stay away from doubles, on principle, because two patties is overkill and it's too tall for my mouth.  But, and I have to say this, I don't remember having a McDonald's burger, or even any burger, as juicy or good as the one I just had.

---

Going to the Echosmith concert at around 7.  They/The main act get onstage at 8:15.  They're a family band; they'll go up there at the appointed time, and they're up there that early, because they're good kids.

What I will miss if I stayed home?  The series finale of Fresh Off The Boat, which, and I'm not exaggerating, is the first show of any kind in American TV that I know of depicting the Asian-American experience.  It was frequently funny, too.  Once I heard that they were ending the series, and that that last-ever episode would air tonight, I made a point to be at home to watch it.

And then, like a few weeks ago, I went online to buy tickets to see Echosmith and another band because I wanted to be able to go out while my parents are away.  It was only earlier this week that I was able to put two and two together -- that the Echosmith concert is the same night as the FOTB series finale.  Well, shit, I already bought the ticket, so I have to go.  Besides, I can probably see the episodes (there are two of them) later online, even though I probably won't because I don't watch TV on the computer.

If I had realized this conflict sooner, I would have decided to eschew the concert.  Maybe.  But I'm just hating myself right now for, once again, not being able to put the pieces together until it was way too late.

No comments:

Post a Comment