Sunday, March 1, 2020

Overwhelmed

My parents come home in five or six days.  It feels like an eternity, to be quite honest, but today was the first time I felt so overwhelmed in trying to get the house tidied up and to ship all my stuff back out to storage.  There are just so much shit that I haven't gotten around to that several days won't be enough for me to deal with it all.  I mean, not only do I have bags from storage I'm still trying to get through, not only do I have bags of auto show brochures I haven't even touched, but the mail I have accumulated -- not just the past 3 1/2 months when my parents were away, but before that too -- is piled up so much that I can't even start.

That's why I think I'm just going to cut my losses right now.  Tomorrow, after work, I'm just going to throw all this shit in bags, willy-nilly.  I might throw those bags into storage.  Meanwhile, I'm going to buy a storage crate to throw sundry stuff -- I have cups and programs and other ... things -- that I want to save but I think can be separated into a different container.  I have no idea whether or not it'll fit into my storage unit, but I think it's a worthwhile investment nonetheless.

Then, if, at the very least, I have all the stuff I'm sending into storage in bags or containers, maybe then I'll calm down and realize that I still have time to go through and read all the City Pages and tape up all the Entertainment Weeklys.  If I'm tired, the thinking goes, I can just toss those bags into my car and drive to the unit.  That's the state I need to get to, ASAP.  But, I have to admit that this is not the first time I'm overwhelmed and not understanding how much more stuff I have accumulated over the years.

No comments:

Post a Comment