Tuesday, March 31, 2020

Yeah, Let's Cram More Food Into The Refrigerator

I find this so frustrating.  I'm going to the fridge to get a snack.  In lieu of pop or beer (I'm so jonesing for alcohol right now), I've decided I'll have milk-and-cookies before going to bed.  So I open the refrigerator door and what do I see?  Several cups of Mother-made yogurt.  I had one last night, and I left one cup.  She made more yesterday, apparently.

As probably with all parents, the fridge is packed.  I mean, stuffed with food, most of which will spoil in three weeks when it'll take three months to eat it all ... and most of it I won't ever eat.  I had it in the back of my mind that once I and Father got done with the yogurt, Mother would cool it a bit with making more.  But fucking Christ, there's more, and now I'm now expected to eat it -- along with the pastries and the soup and the bananas they keep fucking buying, even though I'm not hungry and, with the exercise room closed until further notice, I won't be hungry for a long, long time.

This is too much.  What's in the fridge right now is too much.  It's a waste of food that none of us are ever going to eat.  And she thinks it's OK to make more?!  How bored is she?  And can't she find something else to do with her time and money?

No comments:

Post a Comment