Thursday, March 19, 2020

Was Bad At Work, Twice

One was a rule I probably broke.  The other one was just a breach of etiquette.

I had to print out some tax forms.  Yes, I'm sure that's not allowed at work.  But goddammit, I need to do my taxes, the country nor the state is going to delay filing (at least for now), and libraries are now closed.  I have no choice.  And if that's enough of a reason to fire me, well ... that would be my fault.

OK, on to something a tad lighter.  While I was up preparing applications, I farted.  It snuck up on me, so to speak.  I was just standing up, doing my thing and then, "Poof!"  And I did it loudly.  (I'm sure I pissed off one of my co-workers, but I think my OCD over COVID-19 today pissed her off, too.)  I was blindsided by my own fart, so there was no way to cover it up -- no, "He did it!" or, "I just slid my shoe against the rubber mat!"  I just tried to play it off as if I didn't hear it.  But I did.  And she did.  And everybody in the fucking building probably did.

Yep, if I get fired tomorrow ... yeah, maybe that would be my fault, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment