Thursday, March 12, 2020

OK, Now I'm Really Scared

No, shit shouldn't be changing about the coronavirus because two actors and a basketball player tested positive.  But that's how humanity works: Tom Hanks, Rudy Gobert and Rita Wilson get it, and that's how shit gets real.

I went to the library because I needed to cancel this alumni event we were planning, and to avoid listening to Shitler show how much The Man he says he is.  Coming back home I'm listening to sports-talk radio and hear that the reason the Bastard Seattle SuperSonics-Bastard New Orleans Jazz Game was called off just before they were supposed to tip off (something I saw online on ESPN.com while at the library) was because Gobert tested positive ... and because of that, the NBA immediately decided to postpone the entire season.

There are still many sporting events that went on in light of the breaking news last/Wednesday night, and some that might still go ahead today/Thursday.  There is still a thinking of, "No, we don't have to go that far, do we -- really?"  I'm afraid that in retrospect, people will regret not shutting things down immediately.  Hell, there's still a girls' state high school basketball tournament Game (and don't judge me) I'm planning on going to, even though experts warn against large crowds.

Anyway, I got freaked out over the postponement of the NBA season that I ate at Taco Bell, even though I was not hungry.  And just now I masturbated because I'm anxious.  And I'm still staying up even though I'll get less than 5 1/2 hours of sleep, an amount similar to what I got the night before, which was something I vowed not to do tonight.

Yeah, it feels as though a shoe just dropped on the world tonight.  I will wake up to a different world in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment