Wednesday, March 18, 2020

I'm going into work.  As far as I can tell, we are not practicing social distancing at work.  In particular, where I am seated, there will be people coming around me because … you know, I'm sorry, I don't think I should disclose the reason why.  I apologize.  Let me just say though that there will be many instances today, and every day, where we are going to violate the three/six-feet rule.

I should complain about this.  When I told my friends about my fears, they told me that I should avoid this -- that my bosses are being irresponsible, that I should call in sick.  I should listen to my friends … which makes me feel like an absolute dope that I'm walking in there to work, today and, well, until told otherwise.  Or I really do get sick.

Man, I have two parents to look after, and it would be irresponsible of me to get them sick when I know of this protocol that we're not practicing at work.  And I don't know if I even feel brave enough to raise this issue.

I hate myself right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment