Wednesday, March 18, 2020

The Songs Playing The Minute Of My Birthday

I don't remember the last time I did this.  So it was jarring and a bit sad that, when I underwent my tradition of turning on the radio and making note of which songs were playing the minute of my birthday, I only was able to recognize three songs.  One problem was that when I turned the car off, I was listening to The Current.  So when I turned it back on, obviously, it was playing The Current, and even though I like most of the songs on there, I don't recognize most of the songs on there.

Then I flipped it to the jazz station, and forget it.  I've grown older now, so my music preferences are jazz and new indie music -- neither of which is played enough and broadly enough for me to go, like, "Oh, that's Billie Eilish!"  Compounding that is I did come across two songs that the kids like these days, and by golly, I don't recognize either of those songs, either.  Another byproduct of old age: You lose connection to what The Youth Of America is into these days.

Nevertheless I found three songs I am at least slightly familiar with:

  • On Love 105 (I tune into 105.7 because the other two frequencies don't come in as well): Irene Cara, "Flashdance ... What A Feeling"
  • JACK FM (104.1): Boston, "More Than A Feeling"
And I tuned into the song I like the most the minute after I was born, but I was familiar enough with the song to know that it was playing the previous minute, aka the minute I was born, so it definitely counts.  So, thank Buddha for:

  • 93X (93.7): Blur, "Song 2"

No comments:

Post a Comment